Sunday, August 28, 2005

Training for week commencing 21/08/2005


Joy of joys, the bank holiday weekend was at the end of this week! And this meant a trip to Madrid for me for a friends 40th Birthday. This meant that despite a promising start to the weeks training, I wasn't able to turn it into a hardcore running week with 3 runs. On the plus side it was a really great holiday and plenty of fun with far to much Tapas!!!

In other news, my exercise on the football pitch was getting better as Bramhall Rangers had won 3 in a row after this weeks game!

Anyway, back to the running! After not having made much of a breakthrough in my running times due to a general lack of energy in the last third of the 8 mile runs, a friend from work sugegsted something so odd that it just might work... Jelly Babies! Sure enough, no energy loss meant I was able to keep up my speed and get my best time yet over the distance! Obviously I would only use the best type of Jelly Babies which as everyone should know is Bassett's!

10km
21/08 - 55:34

13km (8 miles)
23/08 - 59:45 - New Personal Best!

The total distance now run in training is up to 367.8km

Andy