Sunday, August 21, 2005

Training for week commencing 14/08/2005

Well after recovering from my mates wedding, I needed to push ahead with this weeks training as time was ticking away and the start of the Great North Run was getting closer! After my first run of this week at 8 miles I noticed my time was getting worse every time I attempted it. This was a bit worrying, as whilst I'm not that focused on the time, after three attempts, I wasn't expecting the times to make a nice graph showing me going slower! Thankfully the second run of the week changed that form thanks to a lot of grited teeth! Also the weather may well have played its part, as the second run of the week was in the not uncommon "Manchester Grey" type weather, whereas, the others had been in weather more at home on the Costa Del Sol! So I'm definitely hoping for a dry but cloudy day for the Great North!

13km (8 miles)
17/08 - 66:26
20/08 - 63:37

This brought the total distance I have now run in training is up to 344.8km. This is equivalent to running all the way from Stockport to Newcastle, and then back to Northallerton!

Andy