Saturday, April 02, 2005

Training for week commencing 27/03/2005

After last weeks fitness binge, I had to tone it down this week. Sunday and Monday I took off to make sure my body recovered fully, though I did get a game of footy in on the Monday! Tuesday's run got canned as we had a meeting of the "Bramhall Rangers On Tour - World Cup 06" committee. We now have our applications in with the 4 million other applications... I'm not getting my hopes up! Wednesday was the England Vs Azerbaijan football match so again no Training run. Thursday was the Manchester Album launch for a local band from my time at Uni called Scout. They're a good band and if you get the chance I'd recommend seeing them. Friday was Justin's birthday so again no chance for a run. This meant that I was left having done no training runs with just one day left of the training week! So I thought I'd better step it up a little, and did another 10km run

10km
02/04 - 53:09
Not the greatest time, but I was being a little bit cautious here with it being the first time I'd run this local route. For those of you interested in where the halfway point is, it's the end of a lay-by after Norbury farm, the house number 60 is opposite. Still, it was good to get another 10km run in. However it was a good learning experiance as I learnt my third lesson on running... Lesson 3: Don't tie you trainers on to tight otherwise your feet will feel like they are about to explode halfway round!

This brings the total culminative distance I have run in training so far up to 90.8km.