Saturday, April 09, 2005

Training for week commencing 03/04/2005

This week went even worse than last week! A busy work and social life combined to make me miss the mid-week run. This proved distastorus, as I picked up an injury in Thursdays footy match. A sprained calf which I thought was only minor... but it was still with me on Saturday meaning I only got 1 run in during the whole week. However, it was a great run...

6.2km
03/04 - 27:13 - New personal best!

This meant that I failed to break the 100km barrier this week, so close yet so far I guess as the actual total was 97km!

Other running related news was that I got my final confirmation that I am now in the Great North Run. I've set up a fundraising page now @ www.justgiving.com/andyshirres. I've got to raise a minimum of £300 but am hoping to raise a bit more, we'll see how I get on.

Andy