Saturday, March 19, 2005

Training for week commencing 13/03/2005

Well this week was a good week for training! I got three runs, and a 5-a-side footy match in, including a personal best at the 6.2km run! However, it was not without its low points! Anyway, here's this weeks results...

6.2km
13/03 - 28:52
16/03 - 29:49
19/03 - 27:54 - New personal best!

You may notice that the training run on 16/03 has a poor time in comparison to the other two runs and there's a reason for this. Knowing that running after you've just eaten is bad and likely to give you a stitch, I usually run before I eat. Sadly, on the 16/03 I got back from work later than planned and was hungry, so I cooked something up and was finished eating by 18:45. I left it till 21:30 to do my run, thinking this would be a big enough gap.... unfortunately it wasn't! Two thirds of the way through the run I developed a really agonising stitch that I think would give child birth a run for its money! I was really lucky that after 5 mins it disappeared as I doubt I could have continued much longer. This taught me my second lesson... Lesson 2: Leave at least a three hour gap between eating a full meal and running, and more if you can! This sadly means that I will not be able to have a full English breakfast on the morning of the Great North Run, which is most disappointing as I was starting to look forward to it...

The total distance I have now run in training is up to 58.4km.

Andy