Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Background Info and Welcome note

Hello and welcome to my blog for my "Summer of Runs". No, this isn't a diary of food poisoning over the summer; it is in fact a record of my training experience for some long distance running I intend to do this summer. This year, as part of my New Years resolutions, I decided to change my rather relaxed attitude to exercise and enter the Great Manchester run which is 10km, and the Great North Run which is half a marathon!!!!!!! My last experience of long distance running was when I was about 15 and did the Bramhall Fun Run which is around 5 miles long; so as you can see, I really am starting from scratch!

Half a marathon is a serious distance in my books (roughly 22km). Thankfully though I've got till Septmeber 18th to get to this standard. In the meantime though I've got the Great Manchester Run on May 22nd. This works out well as it means I have to start my training now!!! I've decided to run these races for charity and will be running for the British Red Cross which provides many great services both in the UK and abroad.

To help me keep the focus on the training, I decided to publish it to the world courtesy of the internet. Hopefully it'll provide people with a little bit of a laugh, or failing that an incentive for me to keep the training up. I hope you enjoy reading this blog.

Andy